Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my physical and mental struggles with my survival, now I think it’s time to focus on the other changes my surviving brought.

I had a good job (that I loved) at the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. It was challenging working with Information Security. Now I’m on disability. Wow I haven’t written that before. I say it all the time, just seeing it on the screen is real.

Walter and I have a LLC, we have changed the road for it a couple of times. From selling knives, to the farm and now managing services. I like keeping my mind busy with the company. We are managing Linda’s (Walter’s mother) company BB&G Storage so I get to do the books and try my hand in marketing.

My relationship with my husband has changed too. I feel closer to him. Since the stroke he has bathed me, fed me, drove me to all my appointment, put me to bed and got me up. I didn’t realize how meaningful “in sickness and in health” is until my stroke. Walter & I didn’t plan this, we were dealt this and we go with it.

One good thing is Walter learned to cook and loves being my personal chef. He loves to experiment, His first experiment was Strawberry Chicken Alfredo. Yum! He made individual Eggs Benedict Pizzas (the crust was the muffin, he used Hollandaise Sauce, put ham and cheese on then cracked an egg on each pizza) for my brother and nephew, it was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my ph...