Saturday, November 9, 2019

I’m Blessed

I’m blessed I survived my stroke and all the medical complications. I just saw a video of me from two years ago when I was walking with my physical therapist. I was shocked at how unstable I was. I couldn’t stand up without someone holding me. I have changed so much in 2 ½ years. Just the other day, I stood and hugged my mom when we were leaving my parents’ house, and she said, “I forgot how tall you are.”

I’m blessed for my parents. They support me throughout everything. Just the other day, I called to tell them about an accomplishment and that I was proud of myself. Walter and I went to Tequila Grill for lunch before going to HEB. We left my wheelchair at home. I had no choice but to walk from the van to the table/booth, and after lunch I walked to the restroom and back to the van. Walter was behind me (not touching me). He’s like a nervous parent following a toddler.  My parents were proud of that accomplishment, as well as all my accomplishments. They are my cheerleaders.

I’m blessed for Walter. He’s an angel for everything he does and puts up with. I get very frustrated about not being able to do some things. I know, you’re thinking ‘not Amanda.’ I take my frustration out on Walter. I get frustrated with myself and my stroke, not with Walter. He sees this and just stays quiet until I’m done. I love him so much, and he has taught me so many lessons about life and myself.

I’m blessed to have the family and friends that I have. I am grateful for all their love and support. Comments like ‘you’re my hero’ and ‘keep it up’ make my day. If I can be an inspiration to someone, then I have achieved my goal.

2 comments:

  1. I am blessed to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished so much and have come a very long way sweetheart. I think about you and miss you everyday and u being the persistent fighter you are gives me strength. I am so thrilled that you have the love and support through your family and friends. I never express it enough but i will always be your biggest fan...you ARE a true inspiration to all those you come in contact with. Love from your cheer section in AZ.....your friend S

    ReplyDelete

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my ph...