Sunday, June 2, 2019

Thank you to my husband!

Today is our tenth wedding anniversary and I want to say a couple of things about my wonderful husband. I found having a stable and sane head around is a blessing. Let me explain.


When I got sick (the stroke and Meningitis, then the blood clots), Walter had the daunting task of deciding everything for me medically. He also was there whenever I needed him (at the hospital and when I got home). I know as my spouse he should do those things. But what it took from him mentally is what I’m talking about. If he had reservations, he didn’t show them. He was always my sunshine, always saying it is going to be better.

Sometimes I’m not the positive person everyone knows me as (I know shocking). Sometimes I get what I call my “Why me?” attitude. I get angry at myself, my life, the things I can’t do, and the people around me. I’ve gone as far as saying “I should of died.” No, I’m not suicidal, I just get so frustrated and I vent. Walter is so patient with me during these times. He just holds me and tells me he loves me. 

Two years into being a stroke survivor I’ve learned that the mental stuff isn’t as easy to conquer as the physical stuff. Everyone needs someone to ‘punch,’ otherwise you might take your venting seriously. That someone for me is Walter. I thank him for listening to me, giving me advice, and loving me through thick and thin.

I love you, Walter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my ph...