Monday, July 23, 2018

Shout Out to DPS

I have to give a shout out to Texas Department of Public Safety, they treat disabled people with respect and give them tickets that put you first.


Walter and I went there to renew or see what I have to do to renew my driver’s license.  No I’m not ready to drive again but I’m keeping the option open.

When we pulled up to the parking lot we noticed that all the handicap spots were taken. All the disabled vets. So we had to park in a regular spot, it is difficult with a wheelchair (needing room to open my door completely and for the wheelchair beside the van).

Anyway Walter wheeled me in the building, we checked in with the automatic machine that gives you a number then we went to the information desk. The employee changed my ticket and told us to go sit next to the table. The table had a sign on it, for ADA only.

Walter noticed that my number was the next one about the same time my number was called. Wow, this is great. If we did the online “put me inline” thing we wouldn’t get seen until 3:15 (it was 10am).

DPS answered all my questions and we were done within 15 minutes. Thank you for such good service DPS I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my ph...