Sunday, July 1, 2018

Wake up Walter!

It was hard getting use to sleeping in my own bed. Our bedroom is now downstairs off the back porch.


I have four dogs (Atticus, Hank, Bentley and Bugsy) and two cats (Teddy and PurrPurr). 
Unfortunately Shelly (my other cat) didn’t come home shortly after this night  

One night Bentley and Atticus started barking in the backyard. It woke me up so I woke Walter and asked if he would stop the dogs. Walter got up and yelled at the dogs, the dogs came in. Walter got back in bed and immediately went back to sleep.

Thirty minutes later the dogs went back outside and began barking again. I woke Walter again! I asked, “Why didn’t you put the board in the dog door?”

“I don’t know maybe because it’s 4 in the morning.”

Walter got up again. I hear him calling the dogs, then I hear Bentley yelp. When Walter came back I asked, “Why did Bentley yelp?”

“Because I kicked him.”

“Why?”

“Because I had to get up.”

Again, Walter got back to bed and immediately went back to sleep. An hour later I woke him again because one of our cats wanted out. She was meowing and howling in the hall.

He woke up saying, “What now?”

“Shelly wants out.”

Walter gets up for the third time, muttering something under his breathe. Again Bentley yelps. Note that Bentley is a drama queen. Bentley will yelp at you if you look at him and he thinks you’re mad at him.

When Walter came back to bed, I asks again, “Why did Bentley yelp?”

“Because I kicked him.”

“Why, he didn’t do anything this time.”

“I know. Because I could.”

That was an eventful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my ph...