Monday, August 13, 2018

Showing Our Age!

Do you know what a Big Chief Tablet is? Did you use one in school? If you answered yes to either one of these questions, you are showing your age, too.


I wanted to practice writing with my left hand and needed some paper with that wonderful red line in the middle of the page. Do you know what I’m talking about? Walter knew what I needed, a Big Chief Tablet. So we were on a hunt for one.

We went to the local Office Depot. When we walked in the cashier said, “Welcome to Office Depot, is there anything I can help you find?”

Walter responded, “Yes, a Big Chief Tablet.”

The cashier sent us to the back of the store saying, “All of our tablets are there.” Walter started pushing me and stopped when we got to the middle of the store and started to laugh. The cashier was a young girl and thought we needed a computer tablet.

We found a tablet of paper, not a Big Chief Tablet but comparable. We laugh about that encounter and realize we are showing our age. School isn’t the same. To us a tablet is a bunch of paper bound like a book, something to write on. Of course those of you that are in your 20's and 30's will disagree and say a tablet is a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my ph...