Monday, January 20, 2020

I like to do Chores!

I know what you are thinking, so before you order me a strait jacket let me explain.

Since my stroke I’ve found numerous things I can’t do anymore. For example cutting my own meat, folding sheets and tablecloths, standing in the shower and soaping up, these are just a few. I can’t write, well I can but it looks like a young child’s writing. All of this frustrates me, so I have to focus on what I can do.

I can put all the dishes in the dishwasher. I can even empty it, standing to put the dishes away. I can get in the garage and scoop the cat litter, I put a knot in the plastic bag so it doesn’t smell. That is not easy one handed. Sunday is laundry day, I do all the laundry for the week. Yes I do fold it, I’m a lean, mean one arm folding machine!

The lesson here is be positive! Life gives you obstacles, you can dwell on them or you can do something about them. I spent the first 3 months after my stroke feeling sorry for myself, then one meeting with my doctor and therapists changed my attitude. My doctor asked, “When do you want to get out of here?” We set a goal of Christmas, it was October. My doctor and therapists didn’t believe I would be ready to go, but I was discharged December 23rd. I always remember how determine I was, I developed a positive attitude and I try to keep that attitude every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

Surviving my stroke was a life changing event. Its been almost five years, I will always remember July 26, 2017. This blog tells about my ph...